Friday, June 06, 2008

Awesome Kid

I have to brag about my Laura girl. I have been laid up for the past two weeks and she has been amazing.

The most remarkable thing happened on Tuesday. My cyst burst and I just made it out of Sara's room from feeding her a bottle to my bedroom when I must've fainted. Laura came into my room (what I assume) just a few minutes later to let me know Sara was crying. I came to, when Laura was asking me where my phone was so she could call Daddy and let him know I'd fainted. She successfully called her Daddy and got him on his way home to take me to the OB/GYN for a scan before I could even get myself up off the floor.

Laura then went into Sara's room and entertained her until I was strong enough to get Sara out of bed. Isn't she the most amazingly wonderful 4 year old ever?! I am so proud of her for being so perceptive, smart and mature in a tough and scary situation.

I also must put in how grateful I am that Jason is in a job where he can just drop everything and be home quickly when emergencies like this happen. I am truly blessed to have those two looking out for me. (I also have J's parents to bring me the magic dome and run energy; my folks to watch babies, bring food and give blessings; Karyn to call about me and take Laura; and my out of town brothers and many other friends who read my blog and call because they're concerned.)

4 comments:

  1. That is so great that Laura didn't panic and was able to help you. She is quite the girl. I hope that you feel better soon lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is so perceptive, compassionate and grown up. What a dear little sweetheart. I'm so proud of her and sure do love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is an amazing little girl. I can't believe how smart, perceptive, and sweet she is. We're truly blessed to have her in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Laura, you are very grown up for your age. You are such a sweet heart. Melinda, I am glad your feeling somewhat better!

    ReplyDelete