Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gettin' the Heck Outta Dodge

Yep, J did the title! But, I agree. We just had to get away, so we broke in the van and went to the cabin. I mean, wouldn't you get out of town if you had a beautiful place like this to just take a quick drive to?!

The girls made some new discoveries at the cabin this time. One of the favorites was definitely ringing the dinner bell. My Grandpa was definitely there in spirit as the girls rang the bell that always hung in their great-grandparents home. I certainly remember ringing this bell as a little girl.

Sara discovered the joy of throwing rocks. Unfortunately, with the raging river, she did not discover it there. She threw them at me while I took pictures. She definitely seemed to enjoy it!


Laura discovered that working at the cabin just doesn't seem to feel like work. She cleaned a large collection of rocks. Of course that was not enough, so she had to clean the Jeep again too. We all got the tour of the clean Jeep when she was done.

Sara discovered suckers. There is no better place to make a sticky mess of yourself with a sucker than at the cabin.

Jason made some great progress on the swing installation. He got all four holes dug - no easy task in the cemented rocks that is the cabin dirt - and the swing in them. The girls can't wait to discover the joy of swinging at the cabin!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I always enjoy a good "get away"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids always look so cute!!! looks like tons-o-fun~!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't know how you fit so much into your weeks. Amazing. I am glad that you make time to enjoy life and the girls along the way. The girls are go adorable...love all of you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!!! I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've gotta love the cabin. Who needs to go camping with scenery like this near a working toilet???

    ReplyDelete