Monday, May 05, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

We had a wonderful and wonderfully busy weekend! This was the weekend where we celebrated my Mom's upcoming big birthday. (No, I'm not posting your age on here, Mom) My two out of town brother's flew in for the occasion and we sibs and most spouses (unfortunately, Danny's wife had to stay home with 7 newborn puppies) were all together to celebrate Mom.
We went out to dinner several times (thank you to J's mom for watching our girls for the adult dinner!) had a big breakfast at my Mom's house and the girls did some serious shopping. I love this blouse that I got on the trip.
The best time was all getting together and laughing over memories, making my adorable mom cry, and the general teasing and comfort that comes from a family who loves each other. I may be biased, but aren't they all just so good looking!
Sunday was filled with baby blessings. We ran from Brian and Steph's baby James' blessing to Jordan and Heather's baby Garrett's blessing. So, naturally I got no pictures of either occasion and we didn't get to stop by either of the open houses afterwards. Hopefully they will post pictures of their baby boys on their respective blogs. It was so much church that poor Sara slept for 3 hours after we left the second sacrament meeting. But weren't the girls just adorable in their matching dresses that they wore that Sunday?!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Glad you were all able to come together for such a fun occasion. Your girls are sooo cute! Love the matching dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see everyone. And a big happy birthday to mom. I can't believe you're only 55!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, family, cute shirt, cute girls. What can I say other than CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend and what a wonderful family. It couldn't have been better. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is wonderful so I can second that comment! The girls look especially pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete