Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cabin Summer

We went with my parents last Saturday to open the cabin for the season. Sara says she would like to move there. I can't believe how much she loved the experience. Though we all had a lot of fun.
My darling Mom decided to put on a little hunt for the girls (mainly Laura). They had the most grand time hunting around the cabin and finding little tootsie rolls and smarties that she had hidden for them. Laura had to hunt 3 times. And even Sara got into the act.


Sara's favorite part was exploring the deck. She loved crawling around and scaring us all half to death as she crawled near the edge. Fearless girl!
Both girls also enjoyed one of my favorite things to do at the cabin when I was their age. They loved pounding nails into the front porch despite my terror as they cruised around out there. (Okay, I'm a little paranoid of my girls on heights.)
They also enjoyed getting messy. Sara loved chocolate milk and crawling around in the dirt. Laura decided to drench herself while "cleaning" my parents Jeep. Good thing I remembered to bring extra clothes for each of them. I just wish I had brought baby soap and could've dunked them in the tub. Well, a note for next time.
I think any time you get to be outside, eat treats, get thoroughly messy and hang out with family has to be one of the best times of all. I believe we'll be spending a lot of time at the cabin this year.

5 comments:

  1. The cabin is always so much fun and I can't believe how much Sara loved it. I think she wanted to stay there for about 7 or 8 days. The girls always have such a good time at the cabin and so do we!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling girls! Great pictures! What fun for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like fun. I have to tell you that with two kids a cabin sounds like a great way to "go camping".

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had an amazing time! Your girls are so cute, I just want to pinch Sarah's cheeks :)

    P.S. When do you want some smoked ribs? e-mail me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great family tradition that will just keep on building wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete