Friday, May 16, 2008

Swallow the Prophet

I was reading through the October Ensign today and came upon Elder Eyring's talk, "O Remember, Remember". And I figured I ought to put something down in my version of a journal (this blog) about how the Lord's hand has been in our lives lately. It also helped that we came upon the primary hymn "Follow the Prophet" (which Laura used to sing as "Swallow the Prophet" when she was tiny) in the car today.
I feel incredibly blessed that we were able, through the Lord's direction and help, to get into our new house. Doing so has made it much easier for us to follow some of his prophet's direction. We have been working really diligently on preparedness lately. Today I reorganized the garage to accommodate another 50 gal water jug. How great is it that we finally have room for these?!
We also got all the shelves up in the basement cold storage that we designed to accommodate our year's supply of food storage. No, we are nowhere near a year's supply yet, but at least we have a few months and are working and budgeting to slowly and steadily get to that year's amount. Finally, we have - through tons of help through our amazing parents at Christmastime - got our 72 hour kits built and are in a closet that is big enough to house the enormously heavy red bags! Thanks, folks!I just feel so blessed that the Lord has enabled us to be able to follow the direction of his latter-day prophets and get prepared. It is incredibly reassuring to know that in an emergency we could protect and provide for our girls. Amazing how motherhood changes priorities isn't it?! Bye bye shoes, hello food storage!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I am so grateful that your family has decided to "Swallow the Prophet!" It will be a good thing to have actual food to swallow if times get hard! We have all been blessed to be able to store up what we all my need at some time in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. You motivate me to do more.

    ReplyDelete