Friday, May 23, 2008

Dailies

We've been swapping around our daily routine a bit lately. Sara loves to be outdoors and I am ridiculously out of shape, so we've added an early afternoon walk to our days. Twice around the big hill that is our neighborhood has gotten me back into my skinny jeans, but the smiles on the girls' faces and the fact that Sara sleeps like a log after we are outside are the true benefits. Check out Sara's enormous laugh in the stroller and the fact that my yard is finally growing some grass!
I've also added in some special Laura things now that she is getting older and Sara is requiring more attention. I try to make sure that Laura has some kind of art project to do each day. Today I got to have Andrea's kids Ashton and Emma over to play and we had a great time with today's project: Paper Bag Puppets. I printed out the patterns from this site and the kids had a great time making them and then putting on many puppet shows for Sara's and my enjoyment!
I think Laura's favorite addition to the day is all the reading I've added in. Now that she is so proficient, Laura reads a book to me each day during Sara's morning nap. I tried to stump her with a new book "Great Day for Up" just the other day, but she plowed through like a champ. I'm really proud of her progress. But I think the biggest favorite for both she and I, is that we are reading a chapter each night of a "big person book." We are reading "Little House in the Big Woods" because the main character is Laura. My little girl is thoroughly enjoying the story and I am loving the special time and snuggles that I get with my La.
Laura has also gotten into another daily, but this one comes from Jason. She has a nightly bowl of ice cream before bed. Her favorite is homemade vanilla with chocolate sauce. Look how much she enjoys this treat!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that a 4 year old can read....Go Laura Go! Great job girl! We are very proud of you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete