Friday, May 30, 2008

The Perfect Storm

Okay, I'm usually not one to complain too much, but this is getting ridiculous. My pain has been so severe over the last two weeks that I have been fainting, throwing up, and not sleeping at all.

After quite a few tests, I finally know what is going on with me. My IC is in a serious flare due to major histamine reactions to seasonal allergies and my new home. Yes, my bladder is bleeding, twitching and swollen. Unfortunately, I'm getting serious side effects from the Allegra that usually keeps my IC in check, so I'm experimenting currently with less effective drugs and have put myself on a pretty strict anti-allergy and anti-acidic diet. I've got a big kidney stone in a "painful location" according to my doctor that is making my kidney swell. On top of all of this, I have an "enormous" blood filled cyst on my ovary that is swelling and bumping into both my bladder and kidney. And, all of these are swelling and shaking right near my stomach. Honestly, could any more go wrong in that area of my body?

I am talking to both my urologist and my OB/GYN about what can be done for me and hopefully I'll find something soon. At least I know I'm not crazy for being in pain for so long these last weeks. I was starting to wonder if I'd just lost it and the pain was all in my head. Nope, haven't lost it, just experiencing the perfect storm of issues all in just the right places. Lucky me.

Thank heavens I have the most wonderful husband in the entire world. I don't think I'd be functional without him. He makes sure I am sleeping, and will pat my head and do anything he can to help me relax through the pain. Yes, he's been up at three in the morning multiple times just hugging me, getting me water and pills, and holding me as I hurl or catching me when I faint. He and my mom have both been to the hospital with me for scans. Jason has taken the girls to let me nap and has taken several days off work to help me recover. He makes sure I eat and fixes me good food, he won't let me push myself too hard, and tells me that I'm not going crazy. Yep, this boy is perfect and I love him more than anything! Thank you, Jason!

3 comments:

  1. I am grateful that you went to the Doctor's to get to the bottom of all your issues....better to understand so that you can get on top of the pain and improve your health soon. We love you and will continue to pray for you and do whatever we can to help. Take care we want you healthy and happy NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when you feel so awful and everyone's like, "Oh, you look fine to me." and you start thinking that you must be crazy. I'm so glad that they found out what's wrong, and I hope your doctors can help you! In the meantime, you're supposed to be taking it easy, not reorganizing your whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry!!! I'm home on Friday, and I'll take your kids to the park - okay?

    ReplyDelete