Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Spirit

I love how everything in my life right now has turned into a focus on the Christmas Spirit. Beware, this is a long post covering many Christmasy things of late.

Savior of the World
Jason and I went with the YM/YW to see Savior of the World at the Conference Center last night. Thank you to my parents who had a horrid night watching the girls so we could go. It was an amazing Christmas Gift. The program was very high caliber and really drove home the meaning of Christmas. Yes, this means I bawled my eyes out and renewed my testimony.
A major bonus of the evening was that I got to see my good friend Kate and catch up with her, as she was at the performance as well.
Candle Lighting
Every year Jason's Mom has a candle lighting ceremony to celebrate Christmas with the family. It was a great night of food an family. You can read about the tradition HERE on her blog. We exchanged presents at that time and I think Jason's mom was thrilled with her present of a Roomba (phew, gotta love it when I have inspiration!) And Laura LOVED her gift of a new thumb ring.
And, all the girls had a great time playing together!
Santa
We went with my folks (Laura insisted they come, precious girl) to see Santa at the Mall. Laura loved the experience. Sara hated the Santa part and loved the reindeer (horseys to her) that decorated the area.
Decorations
Other than the pretty tree, I made another decorating addition to my house this year. I put garland around the banister. I made the bows myself and after many phone calls requesting advice from my mom, I love the way it turned out!

3 comments:

  1. It certainly has been a Christmasy time around our house lately. The "Savior of the World" production was AMAZING! The talent level was miles above what I was expecting and it blew me away! Highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

    But my favorite addition this year is the garland in our entry way that Melinda did for under $30. It just pulls Christmas through the entire house. Nice work, Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the garland turned out beautifully! I know you stressed over that, but it was worth the effort! It looks great! I am glad that you are enjoying this Christmas season with your family. That's the way it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the lovely Christmas Traditions...your house looks great and I can't wait to see it in person on Christmas moring for our traditional Christmas breakfast! Family is everything!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete