Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Looky Looky I Got Book-y

Reading is one of the favorite activities in our house. Sara is constantly asking everyone to read a book to her while she sits on their lap. And, now that Laura is such a great reader, Laura is Sara's favorite person to hit up. Aren't they adorable.
Laura's favorite game right now is library. She goes down to the basement and comes back upstairs with a bag of books. Then, she proceeds to read them all in our bedroom.
So, when Stephanie told me all about the Scholastic warehouse sale, I (a preschool homeschooler, book obsessed mommy) just HAD to go! And, naturally, I had to drag my book-loving friends (Karyn, Andrea, and Deb) along with me. Steph and Deb describe the experience better than I will, so check out their posts on the subject!

There were some amazing finds in a warehouse stacked to the rafters with books. I was thrilled to get Scaredy Squirrel, a bunch of Magic Tree House books for Laura (yes, she is reading these by herself and loving them) on the recommendation of my nephew Joey, The Name of This Book is Secret and a Children's Ballet book for me, and tons of other fun picture books for variety for all of us.
It was a great time and between the four of us, we came away with 93 books and spent less than $300. Amazing, huh?! And yes, I got the most at 34. Thank you Jason for understanding my obsession.

8 comments:

  1. I love how much both of our girls love books. I don't think there's anything else in this world that Sara enjoys more than "book-lap-read".

    You can never have too many books in the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. There's not much better. The girls are learning so many things from their books. Good for Mommy for teaching them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack! Did I miss this! That sounds AWESOME! Let me know if there is ANY chance it's still going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevermind! I just found it online, and I'm so happy it's still going on! I know what Lucy and I are doing this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to spend an afternoon! It looks like you have more books to add to your library and I can't think of a better way to invest in the girls advanced learning! Way to go Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of Laura reading to Sara, it is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for books!
    I so need to go again next time now that I know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice for you that Laura can help you with reading to Sara! I need Lily to read better so that she can do that for Micah and Clara. I had fun at the book sale. We will have to make it a yearly excursion!

    ReplyDelete