Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crazy, Scary, Okay

So, this week brought the scariest moments of any of my pregnancies (excepting Laura's birth of course). On Monday I got a searing pain across the right side of my belly about 2 inches above my previous incision scars. When I couldn't walk by that night, Jason hauled me into the hospital. They got me on pain meds, anti-contraction meds and scheduled lots of tests for the next morning.

The scary part happened at 3:30 am after I sent Jason home to sleep. The nurse woke me up telling me to call my husband, because the baby was in distress and the doctor was on his way in to deliver Eliza. Her heart rate was up at 195 (normal is 135) and had been for an hour. I was prepped for surgery and her heart rate went down. Jason, the doctor, and I watched her heart rate for the next half hour and it never went back up again.

After all the tests, they figure that my scar tissue on my uterus was ripping because Eliza got so big (she's measuring about 3.5 weeks ahead today and was measuring right on 5 weeks ago) so quickly. After two days and two nights in the hospital, I am finally home and on bedrest - driving me crazy - but, Eliza is fine. My pain is still rather intense, and I have to keep going in for tests, but things seem to be okay. Let's hope I can heal and get Eliza to 36 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very scary! We'll all keep praying for you, honey, and your precious Eliza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very scary! I hope that everything goes ok for you and your cute family. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you besides keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed it was scary...we love you and pray for you each and every day...stay safe!

    ReplyDelete