Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day 2011

I love little holidays. I love that only a few small efforts can result in a fabulously fun time. We dressed in green of course, but we did a little more. This year I went for a really fun St. Patty's day meal.
Western Family helped me with the corned beef. Then we had mashed potatoes because Sara had to be able to eat something with her ouchy throat. Our veggie was not cabbage, it is one of the few foods I don't enjoy, but green broccoli. However, my favorite touch was the pint of St. Patty's brew - really good cream soda. I used Benign Objects printables and they made it so fun! My cutouts with my cricut to go under the plates failed; I'll try again next year!
For dessert we had mini cupcakes with green frosting. They were chocolate mayonaise with mint cream cheese frosting. Laura LOVED them and ended up eating 4.
Sara's favorite was the awesome Bingo game my mom brought for the girls to play. She has even continued playing it today.
Yay for little holidays and fun family time!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun St. Patrick's Day!!! Thanks for going a little overboard to make it so fun for the girls, Love! They absolutely loved it. You're the best mom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete