Sunday, May 08, 2011

Becoming Mommy - Eliza

As is well documented, my pregnancy with Sara was awful. I couldn't believe the torture of getting beautiful Sara here. However, the first time I held her I knew it was all worth it. After soaking in the rapture of new baby Sara for a few minutes, I started bawling and told Jason that we had to have another and we had to do it soon.

Even with the memory of the terror of pregnancy so fresh in my brain, I felt so strongly that a special spirit was waiting to come to our family. We never weren't trying to get that baby here.

Getting Eliza here wasn't so easy either. By this time, we were pretty sure I had endometriosis and that it was interfering. I miscarried once farther in (8 wks) and another time (5 wks) early on. Fortunately, we made it without drugs again and we got our strong Eliza.

If we hadn't listened and had waited, we probably wouldn't have Eliza. I just can't imagine life without her. She completes our family and brings us all so much joy! And, knowing she is my last, I am just relishing her.
I am so grateful for the direction the Lord took in our lives regarding our family. I can hardly believe that with all my health issues, that I have 3 daughters. I have been blessed beyond measure and have the best job title in the world: "Mommy!" Check out the awards I get nowadays. Yep, this mirror when I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning is one of my greatest joys!

3 comments:

  1. They are so blessed to have you as their mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you got your three beautiful girls. Being a mom is wonderful, and nothing else compares to it! You are a awesome mom. They are so blessed to be in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little trouble really does complete our family. We would not be the same without her. I can't imagine life without her either. I love our funny little bookend!!!

    ReplyDelete