Friday, May 06, 2011

Becoming Mommy - Laura

I love being a Mommy! Nothing in the world is better! So, for this mother's day, I wanted to record how I got here.

When Jason and I got married, we took the time after the ceremony in the temple to discuss our greatest impressions that we received. I remember telling him that I finally understood the importance of having children and that maybe we shouldn't wait as long as we were planning; that we were a bit older getting married than many couples around us.

At that point, we were planning on waiting to start our family until Jason graduated from school and I would support him while he finished. I thought we would move it up a bit. However, God intervened and we got pregnant after only 3 months of marriage.

As a single young woman, I was very focused on dance, education and career. Being a mom was never that high on my radar. But, through the education I received in the temple, I was able to re-prioritize my life. The blessings, joy and fullness of life that I have had since becoming a mom can't even compare to any of the satisfactions or accolades that I received when I was single - being a mom is so much better!

Later we would find out that my cycle is wacky so traditional birth control was not effective. Today, with the knowledge that my endometriosis is spreading so quickly and interfering so much with life and it with getting pregnant subsequent times, I know the Lord blessed us. If we hadn't started so quickly we probably wouldn't have all three of our kiddos and possibly couldn't have had any.

How grateful I am that the Lord spoke to me in the temple to make my mind and heart ready for children and then sent me my Laura!

1 comment:

  1. We were really blessed with the best kido in the world! I can't dream of a better daughter, big sister, and friend than our little Laura. Thanks for being so amazing, Mine!!

    ReplyDelete