Thursday, May 12, 2011

Restoration

I am living in my ideal house. We built it - for crying out loud, it better be my ideal house! But, I have always loved old things. Particularly old homes filled with character. So, when my mom and I drove past my great grandpa's old house (built in 1896) and saw it was for sale, I had to go see it. To restore an old house that also had family history in it was a dream come true!
Fortunately, Jason's mom indulged us in her realtor capacity (thank you, mom) and my folks, our little family, and Mom B. went through it. Though we dreamed big and wanted so badly to renovate it, someone else beat us to the punch. But, it was great to imagine my grandpa there as a tiny boy and to hear all the stories from my mom.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go through that old house. It must have been very beautiful when my Dad's family lived there. What a treat. Thanks for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete