Sunday, October 30, 2011

Witches Brew 2011

I had the cutest ladies come to my witches brew this year - despite the showing of my poor quality low-light photos! Steph gave me the original idea for a witches brew and did tons to help me clean up. Deb won "The Hat you wish you could take credit for making," she crocheted it herself. Danyelle rocked lime green tights and made me laugh all night. And Christy won "The Hat that best represents the person wearing it," with all her racing medals and running gear!
The old presidency, and some of my BFFs - Andrea, Karyn, Andrea - brought their moms! I love that we are good enough friends that they brought them!! Aren't all of their hats FABULOUS?!
Look at my adorable family! Jen won "The hat that makes you giggle" award. Missy braved a group of family women and rocked the party. My mom won "spookiest hat" and was an enormous help in getting me set up for the party! Tana's purple sorting hat was Sara's favorite! Heather came and showed me support despite being sick. Linda, my MIL, stayed until the bitter end to get me all cleaned up!
I think my tables turned out great this year. My favorite additions were the personal soup cauldrons and the bloody goblets.
My menu this year was very similar to last year's brew. I had squash soup, homemade chicken noodle soup (yes, there was no canned broth in site), a fall salad, yummy rolls, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes, and wassail!
I also sent each of my witches (non-winners) home with a little pumpkin parting gift. Thank you ladies for such a WONDERFUL evening!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:27 PM

    I had a blast with all of the family women! and your decorations were adorable, I loved how you had it all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful! You did a spooktacular job, as usual! Thanks for a nice night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great party! I had so much fun and I was so impressed by your decorations and food!

    By the way, is there any way I can get a copy of the pictures you took of me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun!!! Thanks for letting my mom tag along at the last minute!!!

    ReplyDelete