Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting in the Christmas Mood

I have broken one of my own rules. I have some of my Christmas decor up before Thanksgiving - GASP. But, I couldn't help myself. The blooms on my Christmas Cactus just got me in the mood.
And then, I found a fabulous sale on a tree and ornaments for my front room. The fat tree took up almost the whole room last year and drove me crazy. So, now we have two trees - the designer tree in the front room and the fun tree that will be in the basement. Thanks to Big Lots and Sears Grand my designer tree is up and beautiful for under $100. (Prelit skinny tree $40, 4 packs of ornaments at $6.50/ea, skirt $22, ribbon $3, star $7) The kids tree will still go up the day after thanksgiving. I think I did pretty awesome for that budget; what do you think?
Also, a big thank you to my parents who came to our house to listen for sleeping girls two nights in a row so that we could be sneaky shoppers. Yes, the purchases are done. Phew. We will be able to enjoy the holidays. Thanks again, folks!

8 comments:

  1. I think you did INCREDIBLE for only $100. It really keeps the family room usable during Christmas and it'll be fun to have a Christmas feel through the entire house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I don't think the Christmas police (that is the title my Mom gave to herself to make sure everything at Christmas is just right) will be after you for putting your tree up early (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks beautiful! I wish that I could say that I was done my Christmas shopping. I am having a hard time getting into the Christmas mood this year. I guess that I need to bust out my Christmas decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Which store did you get the star at? I have been looking for one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, tree up and shopping done - I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to another wonderful Christmas Season...your house looks great and you did it for a buck! Will you come shopping with me? You Rock!

    ReplyDelete