Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year we had Thanksgiving with Jason's side of the family. Since we have been married we have rotated years with our families - one for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas (priority) then we switch the following year. It works out great! Look how much fun Sara had! She was also glad she had molars (finally) with which she could chow down. Psst...a molar is visible in this picture if you look closely.
Being that I was the only woman doing any cooking outside of J's Mom's house (his sis Keri was staying there and both of his brothers are single), I got stove and oven things to bring - rolls and potatoes. Check out this massive batch of homemade rolls I made for the event. Yes, because there were 60, I transported them in a CLEAN trash liner. But, you never want to run out of rolls and they are a great leftover. Jason enjoyed them the next day with butter and jam.
It was a wonderful meal and great to be with all his family. The little girls had a particularly good time hanging out with their close cousins. Laura and Emily gave me great pictures!

Sara and Aysha were not quite so cooperative!

Two girls looking at the camera and smiling...no way!
Where's Aysha?
Are we done yet?!
This, this is all you're gonna get. So, it better be good enough!

6 comments:

  1. Your girls are SO cute!

    Love Sara's big cheesy grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling! Love the Little Turkey onsie... Where ever and when ever did you find it? ;) You were right. Sara is adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff! I am so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, our girls are so cute. It was a fun time and I think everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics and way to go you good cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What another fun and great day we had eating, laughing and just enjoying everyone! Love you all so much! Yes, I am grateful for my family! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete