Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas is UP

There have been a few changes to the Christmas decor this year. Despite much looking, we could not find an additional stocking (for Eliza) to match our existing ones. So, we bought all new ones. We settled on something quite traditional and I really like them; we got them, oddly, at Smith's. The knit and the colors are fun, but the best part is that we have one for Eliza. Something else that I love is that the kids stockings hang on "JOY" which is true, my girls are definitely my joy!
While on the stocking search, I got this great apothecary jar at Tai Pan. I had been wanting to move my floral arrangement from the entry way to the behind the couch table for a while and to make the entry into a seasonal arrangement. The apothecary jar filled with candy (my favorite candy cane Hershey's Kisses) is just the thing. Though, it is torture on Sara and Jason, my candy hounds. I would like to find two more jars in different sizes to complete the arrangement for all the seasons. But they had only one size at Tai Pan. Anyone know where I can find some others? The cute boxes I won at Bunco and I like how they finish off the arrangement.
The other change is to the skinny tree. We found additional ornaments and ribbon after the season last year. So, this year the tree is just dripping with decorations and I LOVE it. Doesn't it look much better than last year?

5 comments:

  1. I just saw these today. They aren't quite apothecary jars, but I think they would look good with yours http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/23916-glass-pedestal-candy-jars.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful!! I love Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is very pretty! So fun to have excited children around. It makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are GORGEOUS! No surprise there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everthing is picture perfect...great job putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete