Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Making Movies

I would've done this post a while ago, but I figured I'd help keep the secret. I spent 3 days and about 30 hours (the week J was gone and the following week) helping Jason's sister Keri make a movie for her husband Bob's surprise 40th birthday party.
What began as a project that I thought would take only a few hours - somehow I heard that there were only a few scans, that most of it would be dragging and dropping, and it was going to be a short slideshow - took on a life of it's own. After 156 scans, song downloading and selection, importing tons of other photos from websites and CDs, and 3 full afternoons of work (plus a couple of my evenings creating options, as well as rendering and uploading 5 versions to the internet) it was finally done! For a short time*, you can see the video on my photoshop site HERE.
The girls really enjoyed playing with little girl cousins throughout all this time. They all played together beautifully. I got to take Miss Aysha to music makers with me and had a great time. I got to know those little girls quite well and they got comfortable in my house. That made for a great sleepover a couple weeks later.
I fed the little girls and Keri (oh, and Keri's entire family one night too...hope they liked it) many times. I got many delicious little girl snuggles. I learned all about Keri's early married life, engagement, etc. - lots of fun! I was bummed that because Laura got a horribly high fever that we couldn't make it to the debut showing to Bob during his surprise party. Hopefully, it went over well and will make a nice keepsake for their family.

*The video in it's entirety was too long for YouTube and rejected. Then I cut the video into 2 parts and uploaded them HERE and HERE to YouTube, but since I uploaded Jack Johnson music to my computer before Jason and I were married, they think I don't have the rights to the song and rejected that bit of music on the first one. (After buying 2 country - yikes - songs for the movie I wasn't going to repurchase something I already owned just for the internet version.) Then I uploaded the first version to my photoshop site, but found out on FB from Keri that I got the music wrong on it. So, I recommend you watch the second version if you want to see it exactly how I tweeked it for Keri. Needless to say, the movies are taking up a HUGE amount of space on my site and since I've burned multiple DVD's for Keri of the movie, I will be removing the videos as soon as I need space for picture sharing. BTW, I am now AMAZING (and humble too) at PSE's slideshow creator.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your help...the video turned out great! Keri and Aysha had a great time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! That is a LOT of work! You are a great sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete