Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Party Weekend

Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to feel better?! I am amazed at how much I can accomplish. This weekend we had 3 parties. Yep, three and I enjoyed them all because I'm feeling better than I have in....I think 8 years.

The first party I hosted and forgot to take pictures. I had a lovely ladies potluck dinner party - I provided the house and main dish and they brought everything else. Yep, a grown-up version of girls nights. About 6 years ago I went walking each morning with the most hilarious, fun, brilliant women ever. We've all moved. So, I had them over to my house so we could laugh and eat and chat. HEAVEN!!

The next night we went to a How To Host a Murder at Andy and Marie's house. They got babysitters for the kids who had their own party. We dressed up and had a great time.
Because it had been Marie's birthday a few days before, I brought her cupcakes to celebrate. They turned out super yummy. They were root beer float cupcakes; root beer cake with vanilla mousse frosting and a vanilla creme pirouette straw. I will be making these again.
The final party was a sleepover for my girls with their cousins since they had the day off school on Monday. They stayed up late, watched movies, ate treats, did hair, had pedicures, played games and just had a great time. Girl Power!!

5 comments:

  1. You are the coolest mommy ever (not to mention the uber hostess and party queen!

    How do you make rootbeer cake? It sounds yummy and the cupcakes look awesome.

    Speaking of awesome, you look awesome as a flapper!

    Thanks for the girls dinner party. I had so much fun and don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time!

    The girly party looks awesome too! You and I should totally go get a pedicure, since you were so busy giving them and I want one before my daughter comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better, too! It has been such an amazing week with parties, fun, and time with friends. I'm glad you started your dinner group and got some good girl time in there as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a ton. Sooooo happy you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I don't know how you do so much and so well! You and Jason make an adorable couple in your cute costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Melinda! I'm so glad you're feeling better!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete