Monday, January 03, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Soup and $5 Gift Exchange

My family decided that since there was no way we could ever get everyone together on the same date again - divorces have put families on opposite Christmas schedules - that we would stick with the 23rd date. I hosted the event. And I loved having an excuse to wear my darling new apron, but not having to decide on a day!
It was fabulous food as always - I love soup and salad. I went a lot more low key this year on what I was doing. My tables were simpler. I used frozen bread dough for the rolls. I did cupcakes for dessert that I've done enough (chocolate sour cream with mint frosting) that they are easy. So, naturally I overcleaned. Jason says there is no need for spring cleaning this year because of my overzealousness. Have I mentioned how much better I feel since doing lupron?
But, really it was all about the kids. And seeing the big kids who have moved.
The $5 presents were fun and I love everyone's creativity. We were able to use technology again this year and Jason made it even better by hooking up skype to the big TV downstairs and using a more mobile webcam.
It was a wonderful party and great to see all my family!

4 comments:

  1. It was great, wasn't it? Seeing family was the best part of the vacation for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your work and hospitality. It's always fun coming to your house and the company was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was perfect as usual. Christmas this year was just amazing. Thanks for doing so much to make it so memorable for all of us. Your amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on all your Christmas happenings. Looks like a fun party and I am so glad that you like your apron!

    ReplyDelete