Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brownie Cupcakes

We are a house full of girls. So, we spend some serious time baking and bonding and licking batter together. This week I may have discovered a serious addiction when I had the desire to recreate BYU Catering's mint brownies in a cupcake form. They weren't beautiful because I didn't want too much frosting or food coloring, but they are pure decadence and I think I beat out the inspiration. But I made them again for Super Saturday and put in a picture of my new pretty cupcake.

  • 1 Duncan Hines Chewy brownie mix made according to directions on box
  • 1 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle)
  • 1 can of white frosting or 1/2 recipe buttercream frosting minus flavoring (I have a thing about frosting, so I made my own, but I'm sure a can with extra attention would be equally good)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • green food coloring
Preheat oven to 350. Make brownie mix according to directions. Stir in chocolate chips to brownie batter. Divide batter (about 2.5 T of batter per cupcake) into liners. Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool completely - 15 mins in pan to set and 15 mins outside. Mix vanilla, peppermint and food coloring into frosting. Frost cupcakes and serve. Made about 16 cupcakes for me.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so good! Maybe I'll get around to trying them. Maybe you should bring them to Super Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-o! I am going to have to try these. I bet my boys would LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete