Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome to My Poster

'Tis the time of life for posters; posters about my little girls that they bring to school. Sara brought hers to preschool on her half birthday. It is a perfect snapshot of her. Can't you hear her little voice answering all the questions for me as I filled it out for her? She also helped me pick out all the pictures to put on her poster. Note the Disneyland picture is on the Ariel carousel and one of her favorite cousins, Demi, is in the playset picture - those things were very important to her.
Laura's was not quite so simple. "Have your child bring a poster" was a little more tricky than just filling out a form. Fortunately, I had the cricut. Also, Laura knew just what she wanted and helped me pick out everything she wanted to cover on her poster and the corresponding pictures. Because of Laura and the cricut, it turned out better than I could've imagined. (Have I mentioned that I am terrible at paper crafts?) She is thrilled with it.
Since Laura's poster isn't quite as clear as Sara's, let me describe her snapshot of life in a little more detail. It's pink and black because pink is her favorite color and black was what I could find and didn't hate at Target. She says the black looks "cool." One of her favorite places to go is the cabin - 2 pictures show the cool potato cannon and how pretty it is up there. Another favorite is Disneyland and especially being able to perform there. Finally, she loves the Zoo and especially the zebras. She wanted just a picture of her "little family" because the other ones were too big. She also wanted a picture of her sisters and her two closest cousins. Then she wanted to show her favorite things to do; she selected reading, playing the piano, and playing with friends. Finally, she wanted to show her favorite foods, but didn't want to be teased by her classmates about her true favorites (salmon and sushi are rather sophisticated tastes for a 2nd grader) so she selected cupcakes because she loves to make them and eat them and "no one will think it's weird." Laura is so great!

3 comments:

  1. Great posters! Next time we need a poster for school I'm sending my kids to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had great material to work with...two cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posters look wonderful! I am going to have to do one on Lily soon for her half birthday. I know where I am coming!

    ReplyDelete