Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not a "Shower", but a "Sprinkle"

One of my best girlfriends is having a baby girl! After two boys we were shouting, "Hooray!" Naturally, I had a party. It couldn't be a shower for her third baby, so I threw a sprinkle. (Thank you to my friends who stepped in and helped me with the party! Love you, ladies!)

I went extremely girly on the party. I'm good at girly. So, we had it at brunch time. And I served the yummy breakfast breads and juice on my grandma's lovely glass trays.
Then, despite it being a sprinkle, Deb got showered with gifts! Everyone likes buying for a girl!
We ended with a craft. Crafts make me nervous, so I stole the idea from a baby shower Steph threw. Yay for crafty friends. The onesies that we decorated were my gift to her. Don't they look cute hanging in my bay window?! I also liked the coordinating fabrics on the crafting table.
I had the mommy help me pick out fabric and patterns - she is very crafty - so I felt assured they would be her taste and she'd use the finished product. They turned out adorably! Fortunately, the craft was much easier than I anticipated and was a lot of fun. I loved what everyone came up with and may try this craft again for my daughters.
All the pictures of individuals and other pics are on my photoshop site for a little while and available for download to anyone who was there!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out amazing. You did such a great job. I'm very proud of you. It was VERY girly when I walked into the house, so I felt right at home! :D

    Perfect job, my love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was TONS of fun! Another great party to check off your list. It makes me wish I was having another baby so that I could get a clothesline of onesies, They turned out so awesome! You are a great friend. We are all blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete