Monday, January 07, 2008

Another Weekend

This weekend was not particularly exciting, but was lovely nonetheless. Early in the weekend we got quite a bit of furniture put together (isn't it amazing how many different/more things you need in a new house?) and moved some of the last stuff from Mom and Dad's. Sara just thought it was cool that we were wearing hats.
I must comment that I love this site for furniture. When I can't find exactly what I want (specific dimensions, odd use, etc) anywhere else, it seems that I can always find it here. We love our new hamper and what I am calling my "toss table!" Hopefully now I will not be misplacing my purse and it's great to have a place for all the chargers right in the kitchen near the garage.
I also went out for a night of pampering with the Andreas. We got pedicures b/c Andrea is going on a cruise and I wanted to use my gift certificate from Jason for Christmas. Due to Andrea taking over for my passive aggressive self (thank you!) my toes turned out great. Then we went to our favorite Thai Restaurant for dinner. Going out with those ladies is one of the best things in the world...I always go home happy! And, it's even better when they come over afterwards and give me help on home decorating.
On Sunday, Laura gave a talk in Primary. Her topic was "I am a child of God and He has a plan for me." She wanted to sing "I am a Child of God" and to talk about Grandma Jo. It was the most touching thing to hear Laura bear her testimony of the plan of salvation and then hear her precious little voice singing. She had every adult in the room in tears. How I love her precious spirit. The Lord really blessed me with a special one in my Laura. Here is the picture she chose to hold up during her talk.
As a final note, the girls seem to be much healthier today. Laura seems completely better and Sara is only stuffy still. Phew, hopefully this is the end of scary illnesses for our family for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment