Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Things

I keep getting requests and "tags" to write things about myself. So, instead of continuing to ignore these things, I will write a few randoms that are not widely known about me.

1. I LOVE the Utah Jazz. I have loved them for as long as I can remember. This has made me oddly knowledgeable about the NBA and I can usually hold my own in any conversation about it. One of Jason's favorite stories about me is that one day a guy friend of his came to our house and I had a Jazz game on TV (before the days of DVR). The friend remarked that I was a great wife to have the game on for Jason to come home to. Jason then responded that, "Oh, she doesn't have it on for me. She has it on to watch it herself."

2. I have recently stopped wearing makeup the majority of the time. I will throw on mascara for special occasions, but really, I don't wear it any more. I realized that the majority of the most beautiful women I know don't wear any makeup on a daily basis and stopped worrying about the days when I wasn't wearing any myself.

3. My biggest pet peeve is ingratitude. I do a lot of handwritten Thank You notes in my life and just don't understand people who can't drop at least an email thank you for assistance they've received or publicly acknowledge assistance/ideas they have received from others.

4. I am insanely affectionate. I have learned to tone this down in most situations, but fortunately Jason is also affectionate. He is the only person in my life (other than my Mom) to whom I feel I can give affection at any time I feel prompted. It is wonderful that we match up so beautifully on this aspect of our lives.

5. I really love to cook. I may not be creatively crafty, but I feel that I am pretty creative in the kitchen. I enjoy experimenting with recipes...you'll never find me following anything exactly.

6. I have a disease called Interstitial Cystitis. I hate it. But, I feel that as long as I can stay on my meds (Allegra, oddly) that it is usually pretty under control. Having it under control has helped me feel more on top of all the rest of my life. It is great to not be in constant pain any longer.

7. My favorite time is 11:11. Yep, I actually have a favorite time. I fell in love with it as a tiny person waiting for Santa to come one Christmas Eve. It is my favorite because it is the same on a digital clock forwards, backwards, upside down, and inside out.

Okay, that's all folks. Maybe another time when I don't have Jason around to snuggle with at night, I'll put in a few more.

1 comment:

  1. So fun, thanks for sharing. I am big on the thank you notes as well. Why does no one write a thank you card these days? :(

    ReplyDelete