Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Fun

Okay, the post is a little behind, but I need to document the fun that we had on Jason's birthday. The day began with Laura and I making Jason's birthday cake. Laura really enjoys baking with me and is getting to be quite the wonderful helper. She made sure the cake had sprinkles on it and if you look closely, there are also little nips at the frosting on the cake. Daddy is one lucky guy to get a birthday cake with pretty sprinkles on it!
Though I think Laura's favorite thing was getting to lick the frosting beaters.
The next project involved decorating the bag for Daddy's present. Laura worked SO hard on the bag. She wanted a beautiful rainbow and it took her almost 2 hours to get it just like she wanted it. Here she is showing off her hard work to her dad. Yes, the bag is now in her memory box.
As a side note: Laura has been very into rainbows lately and has enjoyed seeing real ones in the sky as well as little ones on the floor from the stained glass windows.
I think Jason had a good day despite having to go to work. I made him his requested meal of fajitas - the first dinner I ever fixed for him when we were dating, which he ate a lot of. And I am certain that he loved his gift. The only time it has been out of his posession since he got it was church on Sunday. Yay for my tech-y boy!
Finally, here is a picture of the family on his birthday. I must brag about the fact that this outfit I am sporting cost me a total of $13. Yep, the jeans were $8 and the shirt was $5. Oh, how I love the sales at Kohl's.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a day J! Hope it was a good one. Also, welcome to the wonderful world of iPod. It truly is a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's amazing how your birthday changes as you get older. I hope you had a good one Jason. It looks like your girls treated you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls treated me amazing! I am a lucky, lucky boy to have such amazing girls in my life. I had a FANTASTIC birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete