Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bookin' It

This month has brought a lot of good reading for Melinda. I am now part of two book groups and some of my favorite series released new books this month. For my old book group we read "Letters" by Marjorie Pay Hinckley. It was a fun read with lots of interesting tidbits about the lives of an apostle, Utah in times past, and the fact that even the wife of a prophet has a hard time sometimes. We had a wonderful discussion about it last night. I love that group of ladies and their insights and laughter!


My other book group unfortunately meets on the same night. But, naturally I did not discover that until after I had read the book. It was "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. Not my favorite Austen novel, but okay. It looks like I'll be switching months and only attending each book group every other month.

Naturally, Jason and I each read the new Harry Potter book as well. Though it didn't capture my attention for a while into the book, the ending was fabulous. Jason and I each stayed up WAY too late one night finishing it. I was impressed how all the threads got tied together in the end. It was a good way to end the series, in my opinion.


Finally, my favorite book that I read this month was "Eclipse" by Stepehenie Meyer. In fact, I was so excited about the release of this book that I went to the release party for it at Barnes and Noble. I was thrilled that the Andrea's also wanted to come to the release party. Darling Andrea M. got us vampire teeth for the occasion and I made us some red ribbon bookmarks. It was a great time standing in line and chatting with them. Okay, so the people watching was a blast too.

The book was marvelous and anyone who liked "Twilight" will love "Eclipse".


1 comment:

  1. Oh!!!! What else is there to say. It was so fun at the book release. I love the pictures. And miss time with the girls.

    ReplyDelete