Friday, October 05, 2007

Golden Girl

Laura had her golden birthday yesterday. She is now a big 4 year old girl! And she swears she is bigger/taller because of it. I think she had a beautiful day. How I love my precious girl. Some times I can't believe she is 4 because it went by so fast, but most times I can't remember my life without her.
The day began with Mamaw and Papaw letting her open the presents from them. She was thrilled to open presents even before she got dressed for the day. She was super cute with the wishes she gave everyone this year. Mamaw and Papaw got to not go to the Hassa Henta anymore so that they could stay home and play with Laura. Daddy got to stay home and hug her all day. Mommy got to kiss Laura all day. And Sara got to grow up so that she could go to Disneyland with Laura. (I think it was all about us being together and playing with Laura; precious girl!)
Then she and I made the requested cupcakes. Laura was very specific about the kind of cake she wanted this year; cupcakes -- chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. She also picked out her candles herself. We had a grand time baking and decorating. Look at that face as we sang to her!
She also got to go to her new preschool for the second time. I put her in a preschool out of the house on Tues and Thurs because she has been so bored (and I needed the break from her boredom and consequent demands in the afternoon). Now she has something almost every day. It seems like a good school and she really seems to be enjoying herself. Here she is on her first day of preschool on Tuesday.
Naturally, Laura loved opening her presents. Yes, we totally spoiled her this year! She adored the fact that her pile of presents was taller than her. And, she enjoyed her requested birthday dinner of pink fish (salmon), broccoli and noodle-ys.
Laura got visited by quite a few friends: Lily, Grandma Linda and Emmy, and Kiki and her family. But her favorite part was putting together her new dollhouse with Daddy. It was a massive project and Jason did a great job. The dollhouse was a huge hit for our imaginative girl and we have been playing with it tons today. It should be a great thing for our girls to play with as they grow.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday my gorgeous girl!!! Thanks for being my little Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you did spoil her. I can't believe that stack of presents. But it sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete