Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Breakin' in the House

The house finally felt done enough to invite someone other than our parents over for dinner. We invited Joe, Deborah and Jacob. It was kinda important to get them in quickly because Deb is expecting their second baby in just a few weeks. I also used it as a good time to give her the baby gift. I have to say that I really enjoyed making it for her knowing that she too appreciates a handmade gift. (She gave me a beautiful blanket and burp cloths for Sara.) Here she and Jacob are opening it.
We had good food, great conversation, and played a lot. The kids played on the floor and the adults played the Wii. I must say that the layout of the house worked perfectly for a dinner party. We will be having more of these. It was a great time and they are great friends and dinner guests.

3 comments:

  1. It was tons of fun. And I totally agree. The Family Room/Kitchen combo room worked great. We will definitely be having more people over. Especially because Melinda REALLY loves to feed people. It's one of her "things" and one of the many reasons I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun at your house! The food was great, the company was awesome, and the games were so much fun.

    Isn't it great to hang out with people after the icky January and February we've been having? I loved it. I also love the cute baby gifts!

    You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete