Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Growing

Either time is flying or the girls are growing up faster than usual. There are some big things going on in our house.

Laura
Most of Laura's growing has to do with independence. She is starting to get some of her own snacks, dressing herself completely and playing more independently. One of her favorite things to do on her own is play on the computer. She turns it on by herself, loads the game she wants to play and starts playing all by herself. Her current favorite games are Reader Rabbit, playing with her own photos on the Disney Software, and Blues Clues Treasure Hunt. And she keeps asking for a typing game so she can type fast like Mommy.
She has also started reading really well. She is reading everything around her and getting really fast and good. Here she is reading a book to Daddy and Sara.
She also loves to take baths (wonder where she got that from?!) and is starting to do a lot for herself there as well. I wash her, but when she is done playing she'll clean up her toys, drain the tub, dry herself and put on her bathrobe. This is how I find my darling girl when she's done bathing.

Sara
Sara is growing up so fast it's scary: physically and mentally.

I think the kid really wants to MOVE. She's gotten great control of the walker and moves forward and backwards all around the kitchen. She'll chase after Laura and haul around for a taste of grownup food - bananas, broccoli soup and chocolate are the favorites. This has really increased her leg strength. She is starting to stand alone at the edge of places, particularly the edge of the bathtub to get to Laura. And she is also starting to move her feet to walk with parent support.
She is really starting to communicate her wants and needs. She's added some more words - baba for bottle, and duh with the sign for done, to her vocabulary. Also, she is babbling all the time. Looks like she'll be a verbal gerbil just like her sis.

Sara is absolutely fearless when playing. She loves to fly in the air and we love to toss her. She also loves to fly on our legs. Unfortunately her weight prohibits us from doing it too much!
Sara is also sitting really really well on her own. I feel comfortable placing her almost anywhere she'll have a soft landing. She adores having a pile of toys and being able to sit and play with them. I adore the freedom that 40 minutes of playing with toys gives me. Laura likes being able to play with Sara and the toys too. My favorite thing in the whole world is seeing my two girls playing together. Sara has gotten so much more interactive and tough that she and Laura play together all the time. I am one lucky Mommy!

5 comments:

  1. Our girls are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! And they certainly are growing up SO fast. Maybe it's something in the water. Or maybe it's just that everyone is FINALLY starting to feel better. Whatever it is, it is definatly FUN. I love our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I need to start letting Ashton do more on his own. The girls are so cute and it is so nice when they can play together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love LOVE Sara's bottom lip sticking out in that second to last picture- they are both so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura is one smart cookie. She's your daughter, what else would I expect! She is really growing up. Sara is just a little doll! Call me when you get back, Sara needs some auntie kisses on those cheeks! And I want to hear Laura read me a book! Maybe we'll all be healthy by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the day to day stuff...it makes me feel a part of all the details and I love it! The girls are so adorable and smart and I am glad to hear that they are getting easier too...perhaps Mom can have a wee bit of alone time! (Mom's really need that!) Life is good... beautiful new home and amazing kids and a trip to DLand to boot! Enyoy and we will see you when you get back! We want to hear all about it! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete