Friday, February 01, 2008

Fairy Big Surprise

The fairy door I ordered from Steph appeared on my doorstep about a week ago. It is ever so much more adorable than I could've envisioned and I wanted to put it up right away, but Jason and I had been talking about a big surprise and I wanted the fairy door to be part of it.
Well, the stars aligned and we found great airfare to Disneyland! So, we are going. The fairy door and Tinkerbell stickers are how we announced to Laura that we will be going. Check out her reaction when she really comprehended what was going on.

To help Laura understand exactly how long until we leave, we made a chain. It seems to be the best way for her to understand the passage of days. She made the chain with what she considers to be Disney colors. The first thing she has done each morning since we announced we were going is to run into the family room and cut off a link.


We are excited to have some time away to rest and recuperate from the stress we incurred with the house and moving. And we hope to be energized and make massive headway on the basement when we return. Also, we think the warm outside air will help our Sara and her respiratory system. Anyone want to join us? The more the merrier!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time. And then fill us in when you get back. I'm going to need some tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that Melinda and I are as excited as Laura. For some reason, Disneyland is just our place for our family. We ALL love it there.

    Why isn't it Friday yet???

    ReplyDelete