Monday, August 14, 2006

Artsy Endeavors

As most of you know, my general attitude regarding art in my house is to buy a nice print (lately I've been obsessed with James Christensen and Liz Lemon Swindle), take it to a framer and hang it on a wall all by itself. No arranging or artsy-ness required on my part.

This weekend Jason and I framed quite a bit of art ourselves. It was remarkably difficult because none of the prints were remotely close to a standard size. Needless to say, it taxed my creativity.

I framed some drawings of London that I got when I was there years ago for Jason's office. I did that while he was out bowling. However, they turned out so good, we both think that they may end up hanging in our upstairs hallway.The other project was even more ambitious. We decided to frame some of our favorite Coke pictures from old calendars and hang them above the bay in the kitchen. (We stole the location idea from Mom...thanks).

We trimmed them all down to fit in the frames. The process was quite humorous as Jason and I danced around the kitchen table with razor blades to get them cut just right. But, I love how they turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Give me a break on taxing your creativity. Your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete