Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cute Cut

I couldn't procrastinate it any more. Little Laura's hair had to be cut. The curl couldn't hide the uneven-ness anymore. And, my attempts to keep it less noticeable by having her always wear her hair in two ponytails was getting annoying to her. I just had to attack my fear that cutting her hair would cut off all her curl.

We began on the priming. We watched a segment of Sesame Street about a little boy going to a barber. It didn't work. Laura did not want to go to the salon and wear a cool cape. She said, "Mommy, you cut it." So, I did. Thank heavens for the multiple Enrichment classes I have attended on haircutting. (You still couldn't pay me enough to attempt Jason's hair, but I figured a straight line across the back of Laura's head, I could do.)

Despite some terror--on my part to allay the terror that would've ensued on Laura's part had we gone to a salon--I wielded the scissors. We put her in the bathtub and Jason kept her super still while I cut. She was great thanks to Jason and I like the result. And, phew, it didn't cut off her curl, but enhanced it. Here she is post haircut able to wear her hair more down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment