Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Reading Fool

I have been a reading fool these past couple days. I wanted to get this month's book club selection finished before the Soiree, and I also got a highly recommended book in the mail.

The book club book was Leah Shadow by Harold Moon. I finished it on Sunday night. It was an LDS novel; not a typical read for me. It was not particularly well-written, but it did make me think and helped me gain a new perspective. I'm sure I'll write more about it after the book club meeting where we meet the author.

The other book I read, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, was FABULOUS. It was the first book I've read in a while that was a real page-turner. I read the entire thing last night. I fell in love with the characters and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you Stephanie for turning me on to this book.

I would tell you about it, but I'm afraid I would spoil it. And really, Steph's review is much better than anything I would attempt to write, so I'll just refer you to her. However, I will say that I strongly recommend reading it. And for you all that are in Utah and can't find it at any bookstore like me, I'm happy to lend you my copy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm up for it. Can I borrow it? I should finish my current book tonight and will be ready for it on Thursday when I go to physical therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? The sequel to Twilight, New Moon, is out. I haven't seen it in a book store, but Amazon says that it's available and my library has copies of it now. Now that you've read the book, you have to check out Stephenie Meyer's Web site: http://stepheniemeyer.com/ Her calendar says she is going to be in Utah in September, and you have to check out the I love Edward Cullen T-shirts that she sells.

    I glad you liked Twilight because I felt a little weird recommending a vampire romance novel for young adults, but it's too good to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, don't worry, I went and bought the sequel at Barnes and Noble yesterday. And, I'll definitely be going to see her in Sept.

    ReplyDelete