Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oblivion

One of the presents I got for my birthday was the game Oblivion. It's a Role Playing Game (RPG), which means you create a character and you play the game in a created "world" and decide what you what to do, how you want to play, etc. It's my favorite kind of game and Melinda did an AMAZING job getting it for me.

The graphics and game play are amazing and the storyline is probably the best I've ever played. But the two things that shine in this game is the AI and the game play.

The non-player characters (AI) have real lives. They go to work, they go home, they go visit other characters in other cities, etc. They have real lives in this real little world. It is amazing to play.

And the gameplay is phenomenal. They have successfully combined a "First Person Shooter" with an RPG (you actually control the fight scenes) and it makes the game play that much more exciting and fun. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys RPGs and give it an A+ since it's the best RPG I've ever played.

On a total aside, Melinda brought me home a new pair of Rainbow Sandals from her trip to California and they are even more comfortable than my old pair. And these aren't' even broken in yet! I swear I'll be wearing these in the middle of December because they're just too dang comfortable to take off. If you happen to be in California, I'd highly recommend picking some up. You can also get them online at a bunch of places. Thanks, Hon!

No comments:

Post a Comment