Friday, March 13, 2009

1 Project Down

We are able to cross one thing off our list of like 40 things to do before baby. Our backsplash is finally completed! We ordered the tiles over a year ago, but just haven't gotten to it until now. They began as stainless, but I wanted them to be white - I just didn't think I could keep the stainless clean enough. I got the idea from a Divine Design episode.Three weeks ago it was warm enough to get the paint sprayer and spray them all outside. We sprayed them with a bonding primer and then our trim paint we had left over from painting the house. It muted the pattern, but I liked how subtle it became.Jason got some tin snips and adhesive and installed them completely by himself as I was super sick this week. He did a great job and I love the result! The job was not small because we put it everywhere between cabinets and countertop - 90 tiles. It was a good solution because I wanted something unique, traditional and easy to clean that did not clash with the stone floors or the countertops. It's beautiful and I love having the kitchen completed. Thanks for all your hard work, Jason!

4 comments:

  1. I like it. Now we both need to see each others in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good, but I need to see it in person. I can't believe that I haven't already! Go away nasty sicknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are so good and projects and work so well together and getting things done.
    Looks great but I want to see it live, upclose and personal!

    ReplyDelete