Monday, March 30, 2009

Misc. Activities

There are a few things we have done lately, that I just haven't gotten around to posting about. The biggest is that we had our annual girls weekend (that turned into girls day b/c so many of us are preggies) on Saturday. The schedule was pedicures, lunch at Paradise, shopping (my exhaustion prevented me from doing this), dinner at PF Changs (thanks for being my date, Andrea) and then a movie - Duplicity. It was great to laugh and get completely rejuvenated with the girls. Love you ladies!
We also have done a few things with Steph. We attended Creed's birthday party - the girls adore their shirts. And we went to the Children's Museum. It was great to be with friends, but I must say as a mom who likes to teach at home, there wasn't much at the museum that I don't do already at home.
Finally, we've made some major progress on home projects. We purchased and Jason built a dresser to match Sara's bedroom set. Yes, we'll have enough kids that we won't have enough dressers. And then we got all the girls clothes switched out for proper sizes. In case you were wondering, Sara is a 3T and Laura is a 5. At the rate we are going, I'm afraid there will be hand-me-ups soon.
Also, a lot of work has gone into the floors. Jason grouted the basement bathroom floor and surround. And, while the grout was out, he touched-up tons of other tile in the house. It is wonderful to have the vent covers finally fitting perfectly. The next day he sealed all the tile. And after all that was done, I deep cleaned all the floors and baseboards in the house. This is serious progress on the pre-baby to-do list and it feels great.

5 comments:

  1. You did an AMAZING job spring cleaning the house and getting everything ready for Eliza. It feels great to be making such great progress on the house. Thanks for being my perfect teammate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your showroom models! They are just lovely. And the gowns they are wearing are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make me tired just reading about all you do and have accomplished lately! Whew! Great Job and everything looks just super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the house is coming along!!! I loved being your date and it was so fun to go out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is one of the things on your list to accomplish before having Eliza spring clean Karyn's house? If it's not on there, it should be! :) You've accomplished way more than I have, and I am NOT pregnant! Keep it up! You'll be done with everything WAY before she pops out!

    ReplyDelete