Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Sara has been asking to be able to get in and out of her bed/crib “by self”, so we struck while the iron was hot. We got the spare room downstairs all cleaned out (not the smallest task) and set up her bed. Sara helped us shop for a new bedding set and set up her room. So, by the time it was her bedtime, she was super excited to be in her big girl bed.
Sara has done remarkably well in her new room and bed. She is so proud to be a big girl, have a big bed, and be by her big sister. She will show it off to anyone who will see. I’m proud of you, my Sara! Oh, and that is one more (big) thing to get checked off the pre-baby checklist...phew, we are making progress.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! How great that she did it on her own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sara. I can't believe she is ready to be such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is impressive that she wanted a big girl bed! I will have to come over so she can show it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara and the room are super cute. Our baby in growing up too fast and she is becoming a big girl and soon to be big sister! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to be a big girl. Love the bedding choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe she is big enough for this! (a little more poignant for me, since that means my little one is that big too!)

    Way to go Sara! Such a big girl with such a cute bed!

    ReplyDelete