Thursday, March 05, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

My parents and I took the girls to the Draper Temple Open House last week. Laura has been looking forward to being able to go inside the temple for so long. I think she really enjoyed herself. Sara was difficult, but it was worth the effort to get Laura there. Laura's favorite part was the mirrors in the sealing room.
I went again with the YW last night. I got a lot more out of it (except for watching Laura) personally this time. It was truly beautiful. I loved the handpainted rooms, the wood work, and the chandeliers. The church does a great job of building beautiful houses of the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking Laura up to the open house. She wanted to go SOOO badly, so I'm glad she got the chance. I'm glad you got to go a second time without Sara so you could actually enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you got to go to the open house a second time since it was so crazy that first time! It means a lot to Lily and Laura to be able to see the inside of a temple. Their little testimonies are growing. We need to do what we can to help them feel the Savior's love for them. Great job carrying Sara that whole time. You are Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Glad you were able to go.. twice! I am going tomorrow with my family here in Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful opportunity for us to see our newest Temple.

    I am grateful you took advantage of the open house and were able to take the girls. I love the pictures....thanks for sharing.

    Melinda thanks for going the second mile to create such wonderful teaching moments for my grandchildren. Love you!

    ReplyDelete