Monday, March 16, 2009

Swingset

We decided on the Costco swingset (it was $400 less than advertised online and we got a good tax return) and started building it before the snow and major infections started a couple weeks ago. It was chosen because we're not moving and we never want to build one of these again; and because I'm a paranoid Mommy and wanted something super safe and sturdy. It took hours and hours to complete; two full Saturdays.
The weather on this Saturday was beautiful and we got it 98% finished - only a few more rails and a telescope to put up. And we still have the decision of whether or not to fill the sandbox that we need to make. The set is incredibly sturdy and seems like it will last. It is definitely incredibly fun.
I know the girls will spend hours outside swinging, sliding, picnicking, and imagining. Anyone want to come over and join us?

6 comments:

  1. When can we come over?!
    My boys would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! We had one a lot like it when we were young and could not play on it enough! I can't wait until we can build one to! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS AN AWESOME swing set! Just one more reason to love Costco :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you got it done! I remember building ours and it was hard! We can't wait to come over when we are all healthy and play on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard work, but looks like fun. My kids will come play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again I must say you two make such a great team in planning and working hard to make it all come together. NICE swing set! The girls will love it. I want to see the finished results....fun times!

    ReplyDelete