Thursday, March 05, 2009

Influenza, Inside, In the Hospital, Insane

We got hit with the nasty barfing, snotty, coughing virus this last week.  Jason and I made it to our meetings and each taught on Sunday (thank you to my parents who watched the girls so we could both get to our third hour meetings), but other than that, we have been inside.

After a trip to the hospital for IV fluids and a major kick of anti-nausea meds for me, the family is finally feeling better.  What have I learned from this experience?

1.  I have the world's best hubby.  He took care of barfing Laura, so I didn't join her.  He came home from work early so I wouldn't have to go to the ER by myself.  He made sure I slept, often at the expense of his own sleep.  THANK YOU, Jason!

2.  My parents RULE.  Thank you for watching the girls so many times so that I could get feeling better and let this new little one keep growing in my belly.  I am so grateful we live nearby.

3.  I HATE pregnancy.  Love the kiddos, but truly abhor the pregnancy.  Good thing they are worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. You do have cute kiddos!! And a good hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Love. You are the world's best wife and Mommy and it's easy to help take care of you when you're killing yourself to bring another little kido into this world. They're lucky to have you as their mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you and your family are feeling better. It is NO fun when you are all sick! Thank goodness for family! Pregnancy might not be fun, but you are right. It is worth it in the end, especially since you have this little one for eternity. What's 9 months compared to eternity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I can say you didn't get it from us, although we apparently had the same thing. Get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete