Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eliza's 1 Year Pictures - Final Attempt

My mom spoke the truth to me when she told me that if I wondered whether or not I should take more pictures, I would never be completely satisfied with the ones I had already taken. Note to self: listen to your mother, she's right!! So, when the light was good (cloudy) I set up the background and went to town. Don't you agree that they are much better and worth the effort?! Thanks for the advice, Mom!

I am much happier!! The lighting is so much better, and the big girls helped me get some amazing shots of MissE! We captured her big smile and even found her eyes. Love that baby!!

But, while we were waiting for Eliza to wake up from her nap, the big girls let me take pictures of them too. Sara was surprisingly accommodating (except she wouldn't let me do her hair, fortunately it had just been washed) throughout the process and I ended up with these two beauties. I think she looks much too old in them, and just gorgeous!
Laura was amazing and perfectly photogenic as always. She turned out beautiful in every shot, but I think these two ended up as my favorites. What a (toothless) stunner!
I ended up stepping on a wasp and getting stung while putting the supplies away. I guess that's what I get for not wearing shoes - I didn't want footprints on the backdrop, alas. But despite the sting and consequent benadryl-induced stupor, I'm happy with the result!

4 comments:

  1. I think they turned out PERFECTLY! And getting pictures of the big girls is such a bonus. I'm so excited for new pics downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful trio! That Eliza looks like she's all personality.
    Sorry about the hornet--you have all of my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete