Friday, August 27, 2010

Dipped Cones and Girlfriends

I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again...I have the best girlfriends ever!!! We've done lots of fun things together this last little while.

Play
We have been talking about seeing a play (Shakespearean Festival, Tuacahn, etc) as a group of girls for a while now. So, when Karyn's good friend from home was starring in They're Playing Our Song we were happy to all go together. We had some good laughs, a wonderful long drive with catching up, enjoyable entertainment, and dipped cones!
Clothing Swap
My friend Christy hosted a clothing swap. It was a great chance for me to get in exchange some new-to-me clothes for my wool (allergies) items and pants (too low for a 3 time c-sectioner). I had fun with Andrea B. and came away with jeans, shoes and shirts. It was a great idea and a very successful party.

Birthdays
I wanted to have a joint celebration for my friend Steph and Jason as their birthdays are only a week apart. Steph and I met in Japanese class a bazillion years ago, so it was appropriate that we went to Sushi House on a double date with our hubbies. The kids had a great time together with the babysitter and then stalling as we were happy to chat and let them play some more. This is how we all look from Laura's perspective and how the kids look from my perspective!
Shopping
Andrea and I took our Moms and had a lovely evening trolling the Pleasant Grove Promenade. We found some fantastic deals on jewelry and some other great items for the kids. My favorite find ($3) was this hat for Sara - yes, it's purple. And, of course, we went out for dipped cones afterwards!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've gotten to get out and have some fun and breaks from the kids. With school starting, teeth, and sickies, you definitely needed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go out with the girls. I'm glad we still do it. Andrea M. wants to get together soon to talk about Mockingjay!! I hope we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara looks darling! I am sad I missed a night out, but glad you found some good deals. I enjoyed the play. Thanks for coming with me!

    ReplyDelete