Sunday, August 22, 2010

Zoo - End of Summer

The girls and I had to cram in couple last trips to the zoo before school started for Laura and she could no longer come along. So, we first went with Deb and her kids, and she has better write ups HERE and HERE. She was a wonderful photographer - I was incredibly lazy that day. But, it was a treat that we each got pictures of ourselves WITH our kids.
We also had an extra fun time at the playground before it got too hot; something we rarely do. We also enjoyed the Elephant Show, the train and carousel, watching some absolutely crazy penguins, saying "hi" to Acara, and a leisurely pace and a cooler day.
Then a few days later we had a girl cousin get-together at the zoo with Jason's sister and her younger girls. Cousins are extra special friends!
The highlights other than just hanging out with great cousins, and for me catching up with Keri, were the elephant show, the carousel, ice cream, and touring the reptile/small animal house where there were lots of babies. It was a bummer that we had to bounce earlier than we wanted due to a b-day party Laura needed to attend. However, it was a great time and I'm glad it finally came together.

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable! We had so much fun...thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melinda-
    My name is Ashley and I work with Jason. He brought me your belly belt thing for after this pregnancy and I just wanted to tell you thanks so much! I think it will really help alot after this second baby! Sorry to hunt you down via your blog! Just wanted to say thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I sure wish I could have come. Stinkin' work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am go grateful that my grandchildren has such wonderful opportunities to have fun and learn so much along the way!

    ReplyDelete