Sunday, August 15, 2010

National S'mores Day

We didn't celebrate on the actual day Aug 10th, but we celebrated National S'mores Day the Saturday before. Our bishop had assigned everyone in the ward groups for block parties and I served a S'mores buffet at ours. Only 2 of the 4 families showed up (fortunately the other family are our good friends Nicholas, Stacey and Abbie) so it was small and a grand time. However, I found out AFTER the buffet that Stacey is diabetic...how dumb did I feel?!
The buffet was a hit. We added peanut butter, sliced bananas, Petite Ecolier, and dark chocolate to the traditional milk chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. It made wonderful S'mores. I thought about doing sliced maraschino cherries and strawberries, as well as flavored marshmallows and nutela, but I wimped out. My favorite was peanut butter and dark chocolate with 2 marshmallows. We roasted the marshmallows on the skewers over our gas stove. These were a great treat and I can't wait to go all out on a serious S'mores-gasbord party someday soon!! Would you be interested in coming??

3 comments:

  1. They were so super yummy and it was fun to roast the marshmallows indoors. Gotta love the gas stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! The boys would absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got a chance to do it, they sounded divine!!!

    ReplyDelete